1504Re: Re: [kantronics] beginners guide for newbie

  • Leonard Trembley
    Sep 30, 2013
      Hi Jim-

      I'm running a Mac but the basics are the same. (I assume you have a Manual? - - if not I can email to you).

      Is your PC to KAMconnection ok? If so, here's some notes that might help:

      KAM XL Startup:
      When you first start the KAM XL, it is set for 9600 BPS, No parity, 8 data bits, and 1 stop bit [9600,N81].
      MAKE SURE YOUR SOFTWARE IS SET UP FOR THIS SAME CONFIGURATION or they won't be able to 'talk' to each other.
      The KAM XL will come up initially in COMMAND MODE. This is where you enter parameters into the KAM XL [such as MYCALL, CW, RTTY, Etc.].
      The initial setup you need to do really does not have to be any more than telling the KAM XL what your callsign is, and what time/day it is. You give it your callsign by typing "mycall xxxxxx" [where xxxxxx is your callsign] and hitting enter or (SEND) while in command mode. You tell it the current time and date by typing "daytime yymmddhhmmss". The time is given in 24-hour format. After that, you are essentially ready to go.
      You should see the following now at Startup if the unit has been initialized:
      DAYTIME 1303261537
      MYCALL G7TDY

      Don't know if this helps?

      73's Leonard :)