My Kancuga Interests

  • Eden Joachim
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2011
      My name is Eden Joachim. I am not researching ancestors from Kanczuga.

      I joined the group to read your messages in order to offer assistance and
      guidance when I can.

      I have been very involved with JRI-Poland's indexing projects since 1999 and
      am the Coordinator for both the Rzeszow and Skolyszyn branches of the Polish
      State Archives.

      There are not many records for Kanczuga available to researchers and I
      believe existing vital records may be mostly inaccessible because they are
      in the USC office rather than in the PSA.

      Because Kanczuga was near many of the towns whose records have been indexed
      under my coordination, family names many of you are researching may appear
      in the files for those towns. JRI-Poland posts Surname Frequency lists for
      towns which have been indexed on their website, www.jri-poland.org. Choose
      Your Town and look for the town of interest near Kanczuga. Feel free to
      contact me directly for surname lists and information on the various
      projects I coordinate.

      Of particular interest may be the records for the towns of Lancut, Grodzisko
      Dolne, Tyczyn, Rzeszow, Lezajsk, Sokolow Malopolski, Glogow Malopolski,
      Niebylec, Brzozow , Sanok, Lesko, Jaslo, Biecz, Mielec.

      My ancestors were from Rzeszow and Tyczyn. Names of interest are
      JACHIMOWICZ, KURTZ, BRACHFELD, EILE, PLATZER.

      Thanks, Philip for putting this list together to benefit everyone.

      Eden Joachim
      Pomona, NY
      esjoachim@...