Please share your Kanczuga family information with the group

  • trauring
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2011
      I've just created a welcome message for this group which will be sent to all future members of the group, but for those who have already joined, I would like to ask the same thing, that everyone introduce themselves to the group. Please tell us a bit about yourself, and what family names you are researching from Kanczuga.

      If you have copies of vital records from Kanzcuga, please include a list of documents, so others that might be related to the same people can contact you about records.

      If you have unique documents that would be of interest to everyone in the group, please feel free to upload the file to the Files section of this group and then post a message describing it (and any family names mentioned in the document).

      I'll start with myself. My name is Philip Trauring. I've been researching my family for about 15 years. The farthest back I can track my paternal line goes to a Joseph Traurig in Kanczuga, born approximately 1799 (although I can't be sure where he was born, he did die in Kanczuga in 1875).

      The primary family name I am researching is thus TRAURIG, which in my family was mostly changed to TRAURING (although not always). Other names from relatives that lived in Kanczuga include THURM, HAHN (from Przemsyl), SHEINBACH (from Ustrzyki), ROSSHENDLER, GRAFF, ENGELBERG (from Sieniawa), KESSLER (from Dynow), and APRIL (from Blazowa).

      I have copies of all known vital records of TRAURIGs from Kanczuga, and some records of THURMs (children of Taube TRAURIG).

      All the best,

      Philip Trauring