Undated (1907-1913) Galicia Directory

  • Philip Trauring
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2013
      I've posted a page from an undated Galicia business directory (probably between 1907 and  1913) published by genealogyindex.org, which includes a section on Kanczuga.

      Check it out, see if you have family members listed, and post what you find in the comments if you'd like.

      Some names include Laub, Reizfeld, Pampel, Steinbock, Schindelheim, Schoenbach, Hampel, Holochustzer, Tarnawker, Schiffman, Wolkner, Herbstmann, Hollescytz, Rosenbluth, Feldmann, Thurm, and more...

      Philip
    • J.C.Keiner
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2013
        Re: [Kanczuga] Undated (1907-1913) Galicia Directory Dear Philip

        Thank you very much for making this very interesting Kanczuga  section of the pre WWI Galicia business directory available. It has quite a few names of listed family members on my family tree, though none at all of the main family (Frommer) of whom there are many listed in the 1929 Directory which is on the JewishGen site. I would like to be able to access the entries for some neighbouring shtetls, or ones where I know some of the family lived, particularly Monasterz, Rzeszow, Krakow, Tarnow, Rziepiennik and Sadowa-Wiszniya. When I clicked on your link, it simply gave me a locked “my site” page. Perhaps one has to be subscribed to genealogyindex.org to access the Directory page.

        I will write up a list of those on the Kanczuga page you listed who feature in my family tree when I have some time.

        With best wishes

        Judy Keiner

        On 09/08/2013 15:47, "Philip Trauring" <philip@...> wrote:

        I've posted a page from an undated Galicia business directory (probably between 1907 and  1913) published by genealogyindex.org <http://genealogyindex.org> , which includes a section on Kanczuga.

        http://kanczuga.org/undated-galicia-business-directory/

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 9, 2013
            Thank you.  My Bierfass family is from Siedliska.  There were other Bierfass family members in nearby towns.

            To: kanczuga@yahoogroups.com