Kanczuga

  • howard.nightingale
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2011
      I have restored the Jewish Cemetery at Siedlezcka which serviced Kanczuga among other small towns in the vicinity.
    • jcymbler
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2011
        I paid for someone photograph all of the stones a couple of years ago after the restoration. If someone is willing to volunteer to transcribe the epitaphs and share them with the group and for posting on JRI-Poland, I would be willing to copy the DVD (after I find it again in my apt). I was planning to do so, but simply do not have the time. I did similar work on the Bedzin Czeladz cemetery which turned into a book.

        --- In kanczuga@yahoogroups.com, "howard.nightingale" <howard.nightingale@...> wrote:

        > I have restored the Jewish Cemetery at Siedlezcka which serviced Kanczuga among other small towns in the vicinity.

      • trauring
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2011
          Jeffrey,

          How many photos are there? Perhaps you can upload them into an album on this site, and members can look at them and transcribe them? I a haven't used the photo features of this group yet, but either members could add transcriptions as comments, or we could set up a database for the group, and just add transcriptions to the database. That might be easier for transferring to JRI-Poland later.

          Philip

          --- In kanczuga@yahoogroups.com, "jcymbler" <jcymbler@...> wrote:

          > I paid for someone photograph all of the stones a couple of years ago after the restoration. If someone is willing to volunteer to transcribe the epitaphs and share them with the group and for posting on JRI-Poland, I would be willing to copy the DVD (after I find it again in my apt). I was planning to do so, but simply do not have the time. I did similar work on the Bedzin Czeladz cemetery which turned into a book.
          >
          > --- In kanczuga@yahoogroups.com, "howard.nightingale" <howard.nightingale@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have restored the Jewish Cemetery at Siedlezcka which serviced Kanczuga among other small towns in the vicinity.

        • nightingale.howard
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2011
            When the cemetery was being restored we had all of the headstones photographed and translated. The pictures and translations were then uploaded at the JRI Poland Cemetery web site. As well, they should be on the Siedlezcka cemetery website as well.

            Howard Nightingale
            Toronto