Re: Introductions

  • David J Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
      Welcome Matt!

      I think implementing pull is a lot harder than perhaps you think.
      While attitudes have to change, pull is not simply an attitude
      adjustment, it highlights real problems quickly and it's this focus on
      exposing problems early that requires an attitude adjustment from
      everyone on the team. I often refer to this as "Kanban makes you take
      the pain early and often, rather than deferring it until later."

      David

      --- In kanbandev@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Heusser" <matt.heusser@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks. Eric Willeke asked me to take a look at this board, both
      because
      > the ideas are interesting, and to get someone from the testing community
      > involved in the project.
      >
      > I have to admit, I'm interested and getting less skeptical over
      time. At my
      > current shop (www.socialtext.net), we use a scrum-like process
      managed by a
      > wiki, but I admit it's generally "push" instead of "pull." It seems
      to me
      > that moving to pull is more about attitude than process, and I am
      interested
      > in seeing more details of implementations.
      >
      > regards,
      >
      > Matt Heusser,
      > xndev.blogspot.com

    • Landes Eric (CI/AFR2-NA)
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2008

        Hey folks, hope no one minds a little self promotion here.  As an FYI, developer.com just published my article on Kanban.  It's more of an introduction to Kanban, just wanted to let the group know about it in case it helps with introductions to using Kanban in an enterprise environment.  The article can be found at http://www.developer.com/mgmt/article.php/3776851 and I hope to get the next part of the series published soon.

        Eric Landes

      • David J Anderson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2008
          Congrats Eric!

          --- In kanbandev@yahoogroups.com, "Landes Eric (CI/AFR2-NA)"

        • brucemount@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008
            Eric:

            Thanks for pointing out your article.  My personal opinion is that self-promotion is fine as long as the information is generally useful, which yours was.  Your detailed explaintion of how to use a Kanban was very helpful.  THANK YOU!

            --Bruce Mount
              Cambridge, MA, USA

            > Hey folks, hope no one minds a little self promotion here. As an FYI,
            > developer.com just published my article on Kanban. It's more of an
            > introduction to Kanban, just wanted to let the group know about it in
            > case it helps with introductions to using Kanban in an enterprise
            > environment. The article can be found at
            > http://www.developer.com/mgmt/article.php/3776851
            > <http://www.developer.com/mgmt/article.php/3776851> and I hope to get
            > the next part of the series published soon.
            >
            > Eric Landes

            **************
            New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)
          • Landes Eric (CI/AFR2-NA)
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008
              I'm glad to know this was useful.  Thanks for the feedback and don't forget to tell your friends and coworkers ;-)

              **************
            • chris.matts@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 19, 2008

                ------------------