Re: Kanban adoption survey

  • Masa K Maeda
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2010
      Kirk,

      Thanks for your email. Yes, the survey is limited in the aspect you indicate. The challenge we faced when creating the survey questions was around being able to get significant data while keeping it at around 15 questions because longer surveys are dropped by a large number of people who start it.

      Your organization's case is not uncommon and will such situation will be properly mentioned on the report.

      Cheers,
        Masa

      --
      Masa K Maeda, Ph.D.
      Founder and CEO

      Re: Kanban adoption survey

      Posted by: "kirk12350" kirkbryde@...   kirk12350

      Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:16 am (PDT)

      The survey assumes that you have converted 100% from either no methodology, or some other methodology. In our case, we still use Scrum principles and practices, but we have improved our methodology substantially with Kanban principles and practices. We use a Kanban whiteboard with Kanban stickies, and try to constrain the number of stickies in each column (especially the "to do" column) to a week's worth of work. We now do Weekly Planning instead of Sprint Planning (2 week sprints), but we still do Sprint Reviews and Sprint Demos to maintain a regular rhythm. We no longer do Sprint Story-Point Commitments. Instead, we commit to and emphasize Weekly Goals. We are neither full Scrum nor full Kanban - we're a hybrid. So some of the multiple-choice survey questions are difficult to answer.