Re: [kanbandev] Upstream to marketing/creative?

  • Rick Simmons
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
      Hi John,

      We're also using it in our website team for creative/editorial, in addition to web site engineering. I'm interested in what you "large scale" was.  Our web team has only about 5 people on the creative/ed side.

      The "Creative Services" I was originally referring to was the part of our Marketing organization that does branding, creates design standards, and I think is involved in our print, radio and TV work. (Not sure of their exact scope yet.)

      RS

        --
[...]

        jgoodsen@...            Lean/Agile/XP/Scrum Coaching and Training
        http://www.radsoft.com          Ruby on Rails and Java Solutions
      • gregc
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
          Anything anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get some product management teams to adopt these techniques in moving thru the first stage of product creation going from ideation to requirements.

          -greg

          --- In kanbandev@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <simmons3k@...> wrote:

          > Our taking Kanban upstream to parts of Marketing has gotten the attention of our Creative Services group. The director is wondering if there are examples of CS teams using Kanban. Anyone know of any?
          >
          > I'm hoping to get them to engage anyway, even if they have to be the trailblazer.
          >
          > RS

        • John Goodsen
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
            The first step is to get them together and have them draw a value stream map of how they think they currently work.  This exercise will probably bring to light that they all have a different view of the process and will be a step towards a common process understanding that you can then visualize with kanban and start putting WIP limits in place.

            That first value stream mapping will be illuminating amongst all the participants - I gaurantee it!

            jg

            On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:25 PM, gregc <greg@...> wrote:
            Anything anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to get some product management teams to adopt these techniques in moving thru the first stage of product creation going from ideation to  requirements.

            -greg

            --- In kanbandev@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <simmons3k@...> wrote:

            > Our taking Kanban upstream to parts of Marketing has gotten the attention of our Creative Services group. The director is wondering if there are examples of CS teams using Kanban. Anyone know of any?
            >
            > I'm hoping to get them to engage anyway, even if they have to be the trailblazer.
            >
            > RS

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               kanbandev-digest@yahoogroups.com
               kanbandev-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            John Goodsen                 RADSoft / Better Software Faster
            jgoodsen@...            Lean/Agile/XP/Scrum Coaching and Training
            http://www.radsoft.com          Ruby on Rails and Java Solutions
          • Eric Willeke
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
              Yes, it will be!
              I'm going through this with my current client today, in fact.

              People sitting two cubes apart that work against the same materials may or may not know about how their processes interact.

              Eric

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
                Thanks, John.  I sure hope I can get them to engage on that.  There's a little of the "we're different" going on, which is pretty common when I venture outside engineering

                RS