Re: [kanbandev] Kanban and bag assembly at Agile2009 in Chicago

  • Chris Matts
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2009
      Christine

      Do we know what will be going in the bag? How many inserts etc.? Big/small...

      Do we know where the bags need to finish up?

      Chris

      On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Karl Scotland <kjscotland@...> wrote:

      Hi Christine,

      2009/7/22 Christine <chris@...>

      I have joined this group at the encouragement of Chris Matts. We are looking to run a kanban over the bag assembly effort at the Agile2009 conference. We will begin assembling said bags on the Sunday before the conference, in the large exhibit space at the Hyatt.

      This is a thread to open discussion on this effort, and see if anyone is interested in being involved - we can turn this into quite an experience!

      I don't yet know whether I'll be able to be there, but I'm interested in the idea. I wonder whether its worth starting to talk about the value stream. What are the inputs and outputs? What usually happens in between?

      Karl

      --
      Karl Scotland
      Agile Coach

      --
      Regards

      Chris Matts
    • Rick Simmons
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
        Also, what time on Sunday is this happening?  I'll be needing to get flight plans settled soon.

        RS

        Do we know what will be going in the bag? How many inserts etc.? Big/small...

        Do we know where the bags need to finish up?

        Chris

        On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Karl Scotland <kjscotland@googlema il.com> wrote:

        Hi Christine,

        2009/7/22 Christine <chris@xmission. com>

[...]

      • Christine DelPrete
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
          We are starting this effort on Sunday before the conference at 8:30 AM in the exhibition hall at the Hyatt. The exhibition hall is in the lowest level.

          - c

          On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Rick Simmons <simmons3k@...> wrote:

[...]

          "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

        • Eric Willeke

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
              Do we know anything about the spaces involved?

              Where the final bags will be stored?

              Will the bag stuffing be in a little room or can we do it in the open?

              Chris

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 11, 2009
                2009/8/3 Christine DelPrete <chris@...>

                We are starting this effort on Sunday before the conference at 8:30 AM in the exhibition hall at the Hyatt. The exhibition hall is in the lowest level.

                I should be available to help out now.

                Karl