Lean / Kanban Conference - The hangover

  • chrismatts1968
    Message 1 of 55 , May 11, 2009
      Mike Cottmeyer has done a great set of blog posts that summarise the conference. ( http://www.leadingagile.com/2009/05/lk2009-alan-shalloway-closing-keynote.html Look at the Blog history bottom/right ).

      For those who attended, I would be grateful if you could share the one or two nuggets that you took away from the conference. I'm hoping people picked up different things.

      A lurker and listener.
    • Brian Marick
      Message 55 of 55 , May 16, 2009
        Huh. Thanks for the correction. I could have sworn I learned it was a
        normal distribution.

        On May 16, 2009, at 11:35 AM, David J Anderson wrote:

        > Be careful talking about distribution and control charts. Control
        > charts do not use a normal distribution or the standard deviation
        > confidence intervals. They are based on Shewhart's distribution
        > developed in the late 1920s based on empirical observation of
        > manufacturing activities. The 3 Sigma upper limit in a control chart
        > is based on the 3rd confidence interval against Shewhart's
        > distribution.

        -----
        Brian Marick, independent consultant
        www.exampler.com, www.exampler.com/blog, www.twitter.com/marick