Re: Navigating High WIP (was Re: [kanbandev] Re: Multiple options versus one thing at a time)

  • Agustin Villena
    Message 1 of 12 , May 17, 2012
      Hi Patrick:

      > You just gave to me some hints about how to implement stage-gates
      > http://www.lostgarden.com/2007/02/rockets-cars-and-gardens-visualizing.html
      > in kanban and therefore a way to visualize lean
      > startup's hypothesis testing.

       Nice to hear :-)

       You might also want to take a look at my recent blog post: http://leanadaptivemanagement.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/lean-programme-transformation/

       In the blog post I'm exploring how to transform a large programme based on a traditional stage gate process towards a more lean approach base on the ideas of Lean Product Development inspired by the work of Alan Ward and Michael Kennedy.

      Great!

      Added to readability!

      > I envisioned swimlanes named after the hypothesis/problem that we want to
      > find a suitable solution, and the workflow should represent
      > MVPs/experiments that are selected as they flow in the board...

       Nice idea. Would be nice to see how that works.
       To a certain extent a swim lane does serve that purpose for many teams.
       Each time you open a swimlane it is actually a permission to explore and deliver.

      Exactly. In my country so many people are enlightened with Business Model Canvas, but is really a mess to derive a working plan from it. I'm trying to smooth the transition from the BMC to an agile team, using Kanban, of course.

       Best Regards
        Agustin