Re: [kanbandev] Board Set up question

  • Eric Willeke
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
      If the test team is all part of the company that can see "everything" then they'd be in the parent project. In this case a given piece of work would actually be on two boards at once, perhaps subject to work limits on both boards. Certainly a situation to manage very carefully and be very articulate about.

      Please forgive if this came across short or poorly crafted, it was sent from my iPhone.

      On Feb 23, 2012, at 6:26 PM, "Rob Maher" <scrumdod@...> wrote:

      Hi Eric

      Thanks for your feedback and explanation on how to do this in the Rally tooling.

      1. The items should likely remain in the child project during the testing effort in an attempt to start reducing lead time and improve communications in a shared visualization

      If you do this then the internal test team effort will be spread across multiple boards.  How do you add wip limits, get good visibility etc with this model?

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 24, 2012
        You can do this with Atlassian's Greenhopper Rapid Board, which has a very flexible filtering language and permissions scheme.

        Typos courtesy of my iPhone