PUB: anthology--interfictions 2

  • Kalamu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      >>PUB: anthology--interfictions 2
      =========================

      Submission Guidelines for INTERFICTIONS 2

      Interfictions II will be edited by Delia Sherman & Christopher Barzak. It
      will be published by Small Beer Press under the auspices of the Interstitial Arts
      Foundation in the Fall of 2009.

      Submission Guidelines for
      Interfictions II: The Second Anthology of Interstitial Writing

      What We’re Looking For

      Interstitial Fiction is all about breaking rules, ignoring boundaries,
      cross-pollinating the fields of literature. It’s about working between, across,
      through, and at the edges and borders of literary genres, including fiction and
      non-fiction. It falls between the cracks of other movements, terms, and
      definitions. If you have a story idea that’s impossible to describe in a couple of
      sentences, it may be interstitial.

      We’re looking for previously unpublished stories that engage us and make us
      think about literature in new ways. Rather than defining “interstitial” for
      you, we’d like you to show us what genre-bending fiction looks like. Surprise
      us; make us see that literature holds possibilities we haven’t yet imagined.

      We are also open to graphic stories of about 10 pages.

      Who We’re Looking For
      Writers in all genres of fiction (contemporary realism, mystery, historical,
      fantasy, whatever) who have an idea that challenges generic tropes and
      expectations..

      Practical Matters
      Our submission period will be from October 1, 2008 to December 2, 2008.
      Please submit electronically only. Send your stories as .rtf attachments to:
      interfictions@.... You will hear from us after January, 2009.

      Overseas submissions are welcome. Stories previously published in other
      languages may be submitted in English translation for first English language
      publication. Please send disposable manuscripts and include email addresses.

      Please follow standard manuscript formatting and submission conventions: ie,
      double-spaced, with 1” margins, and the name of the story on each page. No
      simultaneous or multiple submissions. Word count is open, but the ideal range is
      4,000-10,000 words. Payment will be 5 cents a word for non-exclusive world
      anthology rights, on publication, along with 2 author’s copies.

      – Delia Sherman
      – Christopher Barzak
      Any questions? Write us at interfictions[AT]interstitialarts[DOT]org