PUB: science fiction and fantasy short story contest

  • Kalamu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
      >>PUB: science fiction and fantasy short story contest

      http://www.electricdragoncafe.com/submit/contest.php?
      Short Story Contest

      Every quarter the Electric Dragon Cafe holds a writing contest. We provide a
      topic and items, characters, or places that you must include in your story. We
      do not insist that writers include the elements in any prominent way, but we
      appreciate ingenuity. We will judge each entry based on adherence to the
      topic, originality, and sheer entertainment value. The winning story will be
      published on our site, and the author will receive a twenty-five dollar gift
      certificate to Borders or Barnes and Noble because we believe that if an author does
      not want to spend prize money on books, then he, she, or it has no business
      writing. We may also publish any number of other entries that exemplify the
      spirit of the contest. Please read the official rules before you submit your work.

      Official Contest Rules
      1. All entries will be judged by the editors of
      ElectircDragonCafe.com. All types of science fiction, fantasy and horror with fantastic elements
      are welcome.
      2. All entries must adhere to the current topic.
      3. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry which includes foul
      language, sex or excessive violence. Elements which are essential to the story
      may not be considered excessive.
      4. Entries must be original, unpublished works.
      5. Entries must be received by 12:OO AM EST December 31th, 2007.
      6. Entries will be judged and the winner notified by email or phone
      on or before January 25th, 2008. Winning entries will be posted on
      ElectricDragonCafe.com.
      7. The winner will receive a $25 dollar gift certificate to either
      Borders or Barnes and Noble. Second place will receive a $10 certificate, and
      third place will receive an Electric Dragon Cafe writing journal from our
      online shoppe, not because we're cheap, but because we have very little capital.
      8. Electric dragon cafe will publish the contest winners on or
      before February 1, 2008 with written permission from the authors.
      9. No prizes will be awarded to authors who refuse publication.
      Stories will remain in publication until the completion of the next quarterly
      contest.

      Current topic:
      Snowbound - A lot changes in isolation, your home can become a prison, your
      hobbies can become obsessions, and with a little imagination and a dash of
      garlic salt your best friend can become beef Wellington. Explore cabin fever with
      fantastic elements, perhaps you learn something about yourself, find out your
      dog has a homicidal streak, or you can finally finish that death ray you've
      been working on.
      As always, we are looking for fantasy, science fiction or horror with
      fantastic elements. If you've read any of our stories you know we're weird, and you
      know what we're looking for.

      Good Luck!