Re: [kafka-list] the roach, and other things

  • Mark Ponce
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2003
      What is the name of the story?

      marcusS

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "James Hanley" <JPHanley2001@...>
      To: <kafka-list@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2003 1:14 AM
      Subject: [kafka-list] the roach, and other things

      > Okay, so one of the Kafka short stories I live by is the one about the man
      running toward you at night. If anyone knows anything about this or what
      the heck it means, I've got my own interpretation, but wouldn't deign myself
      worthy of deciding that I know the reality behind a story written by a man
      who turns characters into roaches. Love some of his stuff....understand
      almost nothing.

    • mekare002@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2003
        Hi,
        I agree with your last statement. Love some of his stuff...understand almost nothing. I think he has a great way with language but the stuff he writes works on so many different levels that I just know I don't get them all.
        Laura

        "I want to live, I want to experience the universe, and I want to eat pie." - Urgo