new surreal book - "Sunset with a Beard" by Carlton Mellick III

  • Carlton Mellick III
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      This is me, Carlton Mellick III, and yet another book of the surreal
      and bizarre has been released! Most of my fiction is slightly Kafka-
      inspired. But then, probably all absurdism/surrealism is.

      SUNSET WITH A BEARD
      132 pages

      A collection of fourteen stories that attempt to blend two opposing
      genres: surreal fiction and science fiction. The resulting journey
      through dark and desperate futures of aliens, diseases, and
      humanity's own madness is brain-bending and utterly bizarre.

      available from Silverlake Publishing at:

      http://www.silverlakepublishing.com

      PRAISE for Sunset with a Beard:

      "Bizarre, twisted, and emotinally raw--Carlton Mellick's fiction is
      the literary equivalent of putting your brain in a blender. You'll
      laugh while you squirm. Highly recommended!" -- Brian Keene, Author
      of The Rising and No Rest for the Wicked

      "Carlton Mellick's stories invade your mind like a murder outside
      your window. Following in a direct line from Lautremont through
      William Burroughs, his stories combine absurdist landscapes with a
      cannibalistic, sexual unease. If there's a barcalounger in hell,
      Carlton's already got his feet propped up and his pen draining flames
      for new ink." -- Ron Dakron, author of Hammers, Newt, and Infra.

      "If any living person is set to pick up where Nostradamus left off
      and tell us what the future might hold, it's Carlton Mellick III. He
      has a wickedly fertile brain and I suspect he has a few extra-sensory
      organs. Maybe a pineal gland that registers psychic vibrations. The
      truth is out there and Carlton already knows it." -- Mark McLaughlin,
      co-author of The Gossamer Eye and editor of The Urbanite

      Reserve a copy of SUNSET WITH A BEARD now for nothing! Don't pay
      anything until it is released. Just go to
      http://www.silverlakepublishing.com/catalog/sunset.html

      or click http://www.silverlakepublishing.com/catalog/sunset.html

      To check out more darkly bizarre books by Carlton Mellick 3, go to
      his home page at http://www.angelfire.com/az2/mellick

      SUPPORT THE SMALL PRESS!!!

      BUY SMALL PRESS BOOKS WHENEVER YOU CAN AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY
      THEN SPREAD THE WORD, TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT BOOKS LIKE "SUNSET
      WITH A BEARD" by carlton mellick 3. IF YOU DON'T YOU'LL BE SAD AND
      PERHAPS START RIPPING OFF YOUR ARMS AND LEGS DURING A REALLY
      IMPORTANT BUSINESS MEETING AND THEN EXPLODE . . .

      Regards,
      Carlton Mellick III
      www.angelfire.com/az2/mellick

      ERASERHEAD PRESS