Re: To the guy who searched the key for Verwandlung yesterday

  • markysp9
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2001
      I am beginning to believe that you are right in NOT demanding THE
      definitive explanation to a story. The "effect" is probably much of
      what Kafka was aiming at. Indeed, according to whose commentary you
      read, you will get differing emphasis on what may be represented.
      Some will emphasize the religious imagery, others the Freudian
      symbolism, and still others refer to the autobiographical elements
      found. Take you choice or synthesize it all to aid in understanding.

      Last nite I read "A Country Doctor". Very nightmarish and unsettling.

      Also laughed my ass off reading "A Report To An Academy".

      marcusS
      "There was no attraction for me in imitating human beings; I imitated
      them because I needed a way out, and for no other reason."