question re. 'Senses'

  • monique dimattina
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
      Is anyone able to help me - I'm trying to source the Kafka work that the
      following quote is from. I found the quote online and it was cited as being
      from Kafka 'Senses' - I have searched for this but no luck. Is 'Senses' a
      collection of poems? letters? diary entries? Thank you!

    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
        There are many short stories, some of which find the titles translated differently from the German. What is the quote exactly? It might be more obvious to recognize the quote & place it from his essays, letters, etc.
      • mon_dimattina
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
          --- In kafka-list@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <maddrb@...> wrote:

          > There are many short stories, some of which find the titles translated differently from the German. What is the quote exactly? It might be more obvious to recognize the quote & place it from his essays, letters, etc.

          the quote is
          "You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet."

          Thank you!