Audio readings of Kafka's works?

  • jeanlucgod
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2006
      Hi,

      Does anyone know where I can download audio readings of Kafka's works?
      The only ones I found so far was at Salon.com:

      http://www.salon.com/audio/fiction/2002/09/27/kafka/index.html

      of 'The Hunger Artist.'

      Thanks for any reply or good pointers I get.

      JLG
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2006
        "Below, listen to an excerpt from the Franz Kafka
        story "The Hunger Artist" (translated on the
        collection as "A Hungry Artist,") performed by famed
        singer and actress Lotte Lenya. The recording appears
        courtesy of Harper Audio."

        Haha changes the meaning significantly, don't you
        think? Thanks for the link, though, didn't know about
        this. The whole 6-disc collection sounds interesting.
        I haven't forrayed much into audio literature, though,
        which would probably help me out since I am legally
        blind and have to look very close to a page. But I
        just like the feel of books, and being able to write
        in the margins, read passages over and over, etc.

        Sorry I don't know of any other recordings, but I'm
        sure they exist. I'm sure if you do a google search
        you can find something.

        Andrew

        --- jeanlucgod <jeanlucgod@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Does anyone know where I can download audio readings
        > of Kafka's works?
        > The only ones I found so far was at Salon.com:

        http://www.salon.com/audio/fiction/2002/09/27/kafka/index.html

        > of 'The Hunger Artist.'
        >
        > Thanks for any reply or good pointers I get.
        >
        > JLG

        Often times the cruellest lies are those told in silence.--Robert Louis Stevenson

        I am responsible for everything except my own responsibility.--Jean-Paul Sartre

        http://mail.yahoo.com