Met my fiance here, hehe

  • kayarna.lopez3805@yashyi.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
      Some of my friends have managed to meet a few nice ones off this thing (here is the place they told me: http://www.whatatreat.info/lmyre , but what do you guys reckon? Myself, I actually think it is pretty awesome from what I've seen, and Im considering getting on there later on this evening. If you don't know what it is, basically its like a matchingplace, but has few added things I noticed. Stuff like messenger, vidchat, picsrate, etc. Best part is you can talk to ppl on vidchat even if you don't have it enabled yourself.
    • maddrb
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        I doubt Kafka would have used online dating services, given they had
        existed 80+ years ago.

        I picked up a couple of books about Kafka's love life recently, used
        books which I found hiding on the shelves of a book store and were
        marked for a reasonable price, but I haven't read any of them--was
        there a particular interest in this part of his life a few years
        back? I've been busy reading new translations into English of much of
        his original work these last few years and have generally been
        avoiding those biographies and critical studies of his love life
        (although I still buy anything with Kafka in the title, it seems).
        Does anyone have a suggestion of a good biography which doesn't paint
        the man as some cultural icon? Actually, I'd be interested to read
        more about his family and sisters rather than more speculation about
        his sexual potency--I enjoyed reading the letters to his family and
        wonder how much more might be out there.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
          Although his relationships were signficantly based on
          communication via letters--especially with Felice,
          they seem to take up more of the relationship than
          actual personal interaction....

          I still think that Ernst Pawell's "Nightmare of
          Reason" is the most engaging bio of Kafka. I began
          reading Murray's book but lost interest, as it seemed
          most of it had already been covered by previous
          commentators (although he does do a tad bit of
          critical analysis of Kafka's stories which are
          interesting).

          Bis

          --- maddrb <maddrb@...> wrote:

          > I doubt Kafka would have used online dating
          > services, given they had
          > existed 80+ years ago.
          >
          > I picked up a couple of books about Kafka's love
          > life recently, used
          > books which I found hiding on the shelves of a book
          > store and were
          > marked for a reasonable price, but I haven't read
          > any of them--was
          > there a particular interest in this part of his life
          > a few years
          > back? I've been busy reading new translations into
          > English of much of
          > his original work these last few years and have
          > generally been
          > avoiding those biographies and critical studies of
          > his love life
          > (although I still buy anything with Kafka in the
          > title, it seems).
          > Does anyone have a suggestion of a good biography
          > which doesn't paint
          > the man as some cultural icon? Actually, I'd be
          > interested to read
          > more about his family and sisters rather than more
          > speculation about
          > his sexual potency--I enjoyed reading the letters to
          > his family and
          > wonder how much more might be out there.

          Often times the cruellest lies are those told in silence.--Robert Louis Stevenson

          I am responsible for everything except my own responsibility.--Jean-Paul Sartre

          http://mail.yahoo.com