"Amerika" play in New York Fringe Festival

  • Alexander Poe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2005
      Hi everyone

      My name is Alexander Poe, I'm a writer/director in New York City and
      I've written a play inspired by Kafka's Amerika which I'll be
      directing in August as part of the New York International Fringe
      Festival.

      The play is a farcical journey through the mind of Franz Kafka as he
      finds himself trapped in the world of his own novel. Tired of his
      suffocating life in Prague where he's forced to endure his overbearing
      father and sadistic coworkersKafka decides to start a new novel, but
      one morning he wakes up in the world of his novel and everything
      begins to go wrong.

      As you can tell, the play is more of a comedy than a straight forward
      adaptation of Amerika or a biographical play about Kafka. It is
      however faithful to the details of Kafka's life and while it's not
      necessary to know everything about Kafka in order to enjoy the story,
      I think it would be particularly interesting for people who know
      something about his work.

      The play runs from August 12th til the 25th.
      For more information about the play, you can check out the website:
      www.reduxproductions.com

      Thanks, hope some of the New York based members of the group can come
      check it out. Talk to you later,

      Alexander Poe