The Trial as Opera

  • nicoleh7
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2005
      Hello,

      Here is a link to a review of the premiere of an opera written after
      Kafka's The Trial

      http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/s
      tory.jsp?story=630779

      Nicole
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2005
        Interesting, as I've just started to read the Trial,
        the only of Kafka's works I haven't gotten through
        yet. (Aside from letters and diaries.) It doesn't seem
        too flattering, as usual when regarding adaptations of
        authors' works. Most of the things I've heard about
        Kafka adaptions haven't been good. There is a short
        film called "It's a Wonderful Life, Franz Kafka!"
        which is a humorous combination of an imagining Kafka
        as he wrote "The Metamorphosis" and the movie "It's a
        Wonderful Life." (Seeing as how he was Jewish, the
        combination doesn't quite gel, but it still
        entertaining.)

        Andrew

        --- nicoleh7 <nicoleh7@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Here is a link to a review of the premiere of an
        > opera written after
        > Kafka's The Trial
        >
        > http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/s
        > tory.jsp?story=630779
        >
        > Nicole

        For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

        All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

        http://mail.yahoo.com