please someone

  • leebes12
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
      i posted a message yesterday but no one has responded. can someone
      please help me i have an essay to write an essay on kafka. We read
      Kafka's The Sons (which consists of the metamorphisis, the judgement
      and the stoker) and his letter to his father. Kafka told his editor
      that he wanted these three stories together for an obvious reason and
      for a secret reason. and now i have to write an essay on these 2
      reasons. but im really having problems finding the connections. any
      help is greatly appreaciated. thank you so much
    • Lo Fiego Pasquale
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
        Hi there
        I think nobody knows what the 'obvious reason' and the 'secret reason' may
        be!!
        At least I don't, and I used to be quite an affectionate reader of kafka's.

        By the way, if I had to write an essay on that topic, I'd investigate the
        relationship between Kafka and his father.
        It is always hard to find out the meaning of Kafka stories: there is no
        clear meaning at all and there are so many meanings.
        But in my opinion, The metamorphis and The judgment are obviously related
        to irresolute relationship Kafka had with his father, as you will well know
        since you have read his Letter!!
        I'll tell no more, first because I find very difficult writing in English,
        second because as I said I don't have the answer!!
        Take this as a suggestion and best wishes with your essay!!