info please

  • glornesmith2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2004
      In the english translation I have of "Ein Landarzt" (A Country
      Doctor) the final sentence is "Once the deceptive sound of the night
      bell has been followed, it can never be made good." I would
      appreciate the groups' views on its meaning.Thanks.
    • Robert Benet
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
        You asked about the meaning of the final sentence at the Country Doctor :"Once the deceptive sound of the bell has been followed,it can never be made good" I was trying to understand it,but all in vain.I suppose this precipitated sentence has its original meaning just there in that story,in a perfect harmony.We can use such a sentence in other meanings during our talks,in different lectures etc.Anyone can get it beautifull.Every fragment seems full of meanings, so let us extend and read them one by one and word by word.However,what does arouse your interest of this story?Do you have any clear imagine of this doctor,country doctor?Why he was not feeling good? What happened,has failed his profession,in his art or was unable to continue living?Did he sometimes lose his patient? Who has failed in that country? I would appreciate the groups' views too.

        glornesmith2002 <smithlorne@...> wrote:
        In the english translation I have of "Ein Landarzt" (A Country
        Doctor) the final sentence is "Once the deceptive sound of the night
        bell has been followed, it can never be made good." I would
        appreciate the groups' views on its meaning.Thanks.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT