Re: [kafka-list] what about a pool ?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
      Personally I find it hard to chose a favorite from the
      eleven sons. Each one is beautiful and flawed in his
      own way. I think the point of the story was to
      describe eleven distinct personalities, and possibly
      the personality of the narrator/father as well.

      Andrew

      --- Robert Benet <pchfk@...> wrote:

      > Hello.I am reading the short stories from "The
      > country doctor".I think that a short narrative like
      > :"eleven sons" may serve us to create a simple
      > pool.In this way we can see who would have been the
      > most favorite son,as we have an approfondite
      > approuche of this "father" about every son.I think
      > it can be an easy way for us to choose,but
      > preferibly only one from the eleven sons. R.B

      > removed]

      =====
      For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

      All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

      http://vote.yahoo.com
    • brianhho@tmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
        Is this story available online..by any chance? Sounds interesting..
      • Robert Benet
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 16, 2004
          I argue with you,the narrator describes the eleven distinct personalities and obviously after these,reflect the image of the father as well.In this confrontation "the father" would deepen his self-ricognition year after year,never getting bored.But only one of the eleven sons may permit his desire came true.Therefore He desires this son,because this "father" trust in the natural and in the supernatural.
          R.B
          Putrescent Stench of Death <putrescent_stench@...> wrote:Personally I find it hard to chose a favorite from the

          =====
          For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

          All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

          http://vote.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2004
            I'm not sure what in the story makes you think the
            father desires only one son...I see nothing in it that
            makes me think he has a favorite. Which of the sons
            would it be?

            Andrew

            =====

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 20, 2004
              The description is the aim of a narrator,to live with all the sons may be the desire of a father,but as if these are the expirances of the human lives,Kafka has wanted to look them carefully.Perhaps it wouldn't be exact: to choose or to desire,but one kind of assent may clear one's consciousness end tranquilise the reader.In the story the narrator describes and analises the characters one by one,he doesn't like to confront them one another.However,he at the end of the story is being expressed the clause:"And I think them (so):you would be the last to whom I should entrust myself". R.B

              =====

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 21, 2004
                Anyone else got an idea about this?

                =====