what about a pool ?

  • Robert Benet
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
      Hello.I am reading the short stories from "The country doctor".I think that a short narrative like :"eleven sons" may serve us to create a simple pool.In this way we can see who would have been the most favorite son,as we have an approfondite approuche of this "father" about every son.I think it can be an easy way for us to choose,but preferibly only one from the eleven sons. R.B

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
        Personally I find it hard to chose a favorite from the
        eleven sons. Each one is beautiful and flawed in his
        own way. I think the point of the story was to
        describe eleven distinct personalities, and possibly
        the personality of the narrator/father as well.

        Andrew

        --- Robert Benet <pchfk@...> wrote:

        > Hello.I am reading the short stories from "The
        > country doctor".I think that a short narrative like
        > :"eleven sons" may serve us to create a simple
        > pool.In this way we can see who would have been the
        > most favorite son,as we have an approfondite
        > approuche of this "father" about every son.I think
        > it can be an easy way for us to choose,but
        > preferibly only one from the eleven sons. R.B

        > removed]

        =====
        For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

        All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • brianhho@tmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
          Is this story available online..by any chance? Sounds interesting..
        • Robert Benet
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 2004
            I argue with you,the narrator describes the eleven distinct personalities and obviously after these,reflect the image of the father as well.In this confrontation "the father" would deepen his self-ricognition year after year,never getting bored.But only one of the eleven sons may permit his desire came true.Therefore He desires this son,because this "father" trust in the natural and in the supernatural.
            R.B
            Putrescent Stench of Death <putrescent_stench@...> wrote:Personally I find it hard to chose a favorite from the

            =====
            For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

            All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

            http://vote.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2004
              I'm not sure what in the story makes you think the
              father desires only one son...I see nothing in it that
              makes me think he has a favorite. Which of the sons
              would it be?

              Andrew

              =====

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 20, 2004
                The description is the aim of a narrator,to live with all the sons may be the desire of a father,but as if these are the expirances of the human lives,Kafka has wanted to look them carefully.Perhaps it wouldn't be exact: to choose or to desire,but one kind of assent may clear one's consciousness end tranquilise the reader.In the story the narrator describes and analises the characters one by one,he doesn't like to confront them one another.However,he at the end of the story is being expressed the clause:"And I think them (so):you would be the last to whom I should entrust myself". R.B

                =====

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 21, 2004
                  Anyone else got an idea about this?

                  =====