the nightmare of reason

  • Andrew Sydlik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9 7:04 AM
      I found "The Nightmare of Reason: A Life of Franz Kafka" in a used
      book store and was elated. I'm about a thrid of the way in and so far
      it's really good, very intelligent and well-researched, but written
      in a refreshingly engaging style that doesn't make it too dry (I'm
      not a big fan of biographies). It really makes me want to write my
      own Kafka scholarship! Anyone else read this or any other Kafka
      biography or criticism?

      Andrew
    • OOIIOO OOCCOO
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9 2:00 PM
        of course, ive read his dairies and criticisms by deleuze

        >From: "Andrew Sydlik" <putrescent_stench@...>
        >To: kafka-list@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [kafka-list] the nightmare of reason
        >Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:04:29 -0000
        >
        >I found "The Nightmare of Reason: A Life of Franz Kafka" in a used
        >book store and was elated. I'm about a thrid of the way in and so far
        >it's really good, very intelligent and well-researched, but written
        >in a refreshingly engaging style that doesn't make it too dry (I'm
        >not a big fan of biographies). It really makes me want to write my
        >own Kafka scholarship! Anyone else read this or any other Kafka
        >biography or criticism?
        >
        >Andrew

        MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access helps fight spam and pop-ups � now 2 months
        FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/
      • S.C. van der Wall
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10 3:21 AM
          Uncritically interpreting Kafka into an image he has from the offset, Pawel is one of the best examples of how not to write a biography

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11 12:03 PM
            As I said, I'm not a big fan of biographies, but this
            has kept me interested. And as the text deals with
            Kafka from a variety of perspectives - political,
            social, religious, artistic - I'm not sure what you
            mean by "an image he has from the offset."

            Andrew

            --- "S.C. van der Wall"
            <Sake.vanderWall@...> wrote:
            > Uncritically interpreting Kafka into an image he has
            > from the offset, Pawel is one of the best examples
            > of how not to write a biography

            =====
            For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

            All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail