predicament of modern man

  • jaimejwilson2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
      Famous poet W.H. Auden wrote, "Kafka is important to us because his
      predicament is the predicament of modern man."

      This is very true because Gregor Samsa's response to the "Predicament
      of modern man" is his metamorphosis... no?
    • Leslie Connors

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
          I think it's at least a good starting point to
          approach Kafka.

          Andrew

          --- jaimejwilson2000 <jaimej_wilson@...>
          wrote:
          > Famous poet W.H. Auden wrote, "Kafka is important
          > to us because his
          > predicament is the predicament of modern man."
          >
          > This is very true because Gregor Samsa's response to
          > the "Predicament
          > of modern man" is his metamorphosis... no?

          =====
          For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

          All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html