A Hunger Artist in London

  • eu_main
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2003
      Last week I was walking along London´s Thames Southbank. It was for
      one year since I left London and I was impressed by the building
      that architect Norman Foster desgined to host Mayor Livingstone and
      his staff. I took a few pictures of this friendly-looking temple of
      municipal buraucracy and then my attention was diverted to a crowd
      of people around a crane near the building. As I approached, I
      noticed that something was going on inside a glass cage hung from
      the crane. There was a person inside, I asked: "What is happening?"
      to a tourist taking pictures of the cage. And he replied: "It is
      David Blaine, the stuntman, he wants to starve for 44 days in
      there"... :O
      Of course, David Blaine will get a good deal of money from
      sponsorship and TV exclusives, so he will not complain like Kafka´s
      Hunger Artist about the low wages that Hunger Artists get.
      David Blaine is not a Hunger Artist, but the Hunger Master.

      If you are in the area, head to London and get some merchandasing
      like "I saw a man starve for 44 days" T-shirt and get evidence that
      Kafka´s stories are well behind reality.

      For the latest news, visit BBC´s website, broadcasting onsite:

      Eu.