      From: jepner25 <jepner25@...>
      To: kafka-list@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 8:16 pm
      Subject: [kafka-list] The Trial Ending

      I can't help but feel befuddled and almost helpless at the end of this

      tale. That's it? He's just killed? I read in a foreward of my

      edition that part of the point of the book was to show his feeling of

      life itself being a prison. But I just can't rectify how it simply

      goes from the scene with the priest to him being led to his execution.

      What are your thoughts?