229Re: [kafka-list] The Trial as Opera

    Apr 20, 2005
      Interesting, as I've just started to read the Trial,
      the only of Kafka's works I haven't gotten through
      yet. (Aside from letters and diaries.) It doesn't seem
      too flattering, as usual when regarding adaptations of
      authors' works. Most of the things I've heard about
      Kafka adaptions haven't been good. There is a short
      film called "It's a Wonderful Life, Franz Kafka!"
      which is a humorous combination of an imagining Kafka
      as he wrote "The Metamorphosis" and the movie "It's a
      Wonderful Life." (Seeing as how he was Jewish, the
      combination doesn't quite gel, but it still
      entertaining.)

      Andrew

      --- nicoleh7 <nicoleh7@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Here is a link to a review of the premiere of an
      > opera written after
      > Kafka's The Trial
      >
      > http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/s
      > tory.jsp?story=630779
      >
      > Nicole

      For the most part the phenomenology of the world is a nightmarish excrescence.

      All these buildings. What did Talbert want to do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic