221Re: [kafka-list] please help

  • Cady godess
    Jan 4, 2005
      I would think the ovious reason would be that they all
      relate to fathers and sons but I have only read
      metamorphis and Judgement but family relations are
      important in both stories and also the fact that they
      are sons and the pressure that it puts on them relates
      to the story but I dont know what the secret reason
      could be.

      --- Putrescent Stench of Death
      <putrescent_stench@...> wrote:

      > Probably the obvious reason is that Kafka considered
      > those 3 works his most well-written. The secret
      > reason, although it may not seem that secret to us,
      > is
      > that the stories all reflect Kafka's problems with
      > his
      > family life, particularly with his father. The title
      > of the collection is "The Sons" after all.
      >
      > Hope that helps.
      >
      > Andy
      >

      > --- Ariela Svei <leebes12@...> wrote:
      >
      > > i am really hoping that someone could help me. I
      > > need to write a paper in my english comp class. We
      > > read Kafka's The Sons (which consists of the
      > > metamorphisis, the judgement and the stoker) and
      > his
      > > letter to his father. Kafka told his editor that
      > he
      > > wanted these three stories together for an obvious
      > > reason and for a secret reason. and now i have to
      > > write an essay on these 2 reasons. but im really
      > > having problems finding the connections. any help
      > is
      > > greatly appreaciated. thank you so much

      > > removed]
      > >

      > =====
      > For the most part the phenomenology of the world is
      > a nightmarish excrescence.
      >

      > All these buildings. What did Talbert want to
      > do--sodomize the Festival Hall?

      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      =====
      Listen to the MUSTN'TS child, Listen to the DONT's
      Listen to the SHOULDN'TS, the IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS
      Listen to the NEVER HAVES, then Listen close to me
      ANYTHING can happen child, ANYTHING can be

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic