196Re: [kafka-list] what about a pool ?

  • Robert Benet
    Oct 20, 2004
      The description is the aim of a narrator,to live with all the sons may be the desire of a father,but as if these are the expirances of the human lives,Kafka has wanted to look them carefully.Perhaps it wouldn't be exact: to choose or to desire,but one kind of assent may clear one's consciousness end tranquilise the reader.In the story the narrator describes and analises the characters one by one,he doesn't like to confront them one another.However,he at the end of the story is being expressed the clause:"And I think them (so):you would be the last to whom I should entrust myself". R.B

      Putrescent Stench of Death <putrescent_stench@...> wrote:
      I'm not sure what in the story makes you think the
      father desires only one son...I see nothing in it that
      makes me think he has a favorite. Which of the sons
      would it be?

      Andrew

      =====