127RE: [kafka-list] The trial ???

  • Cady godess
    Mar 8, 2004
      When we studied Kafka's trial in my calss we dicsussed
      the trial as being symbolical of the inevetable death
      we all face. We are all on trial all the time. We just
      dont know it. Its a great book you should look into
      some of his other work.
      Does that help?

      --- Priya Subramaniam <liminalspace@...>
      wrote:
      > I thought that The Trial was an exploration (an
      > imaginative journey, if you
      > like) of a society in which conformity is compulsory
      > and in which a person
      > can be arrested and "tried" (K didn't get a fair
      > trial either!) without ever
      > really knowing what it is that he has done wrong.
      > What is really chilling is
      > that K is not on the surface a "rebel" or a
      > "deviant"- in fact, he is unable
      > to think what it is that he could have done wrong!
      > Conformity does not have
      > to follow set criteria either- how many of us have
      > had the experience of not
      > wanting to associate with someone (or someone not
      > wanting to associate with
      > you) but not being able to pinpoint an exact reason
      > other than that they are
      > not "in" or that they are "weird", etc.
      > I have to sign off, but I hope that the above is
      > helpful.

      http://sites.ninemsn.com.au/minisite/millionaire/default.asp

      =====
      Listen to the MUSTN'TS child, Listen to the DONT's
      Listen to the SHOULDN'TS, the IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS
      Listen to the NEVER HAVES, then Listen close to me
      ANYTHING can happen child, ANYTHING can be

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic