Monthly Message from Your Board of Directors

  • Scott Miller
    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2012
      Many exiting things are happening at Kadampa Center. Staff and volunteers have been working hard on a number of important projects, and the board is honored by the opportunities we've had to assist and participate.

      We've been discussing the visioning process during the past several months, and have started to implement some of the visioning committee's specific recommendations. The board will hold a special visioning meeting in June. We will discuss the current status of the visioning and strategic planning process, and continue examining ways to implement the committee's recommendations. We'll give everyone an update after that meeting.

      The stupa continues to take shape. We completed a major phase of construction this past Wednesday, filling the stupa as well as placing the tree of life and last two major concrete pieces in place. There will be opportunities to sponsor remaining phases of the stupa project, including the painting of the stupa, the construction of the metal steeple, and landscaping. More information is coming soon.

      Kadampa Center continues to meet expenses this year thanks to everyone’s generosity. Let's keep up the good work!

      Thank you.
    • Scott Miller
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2012
        Kadampa Center's board of directors held a special meeting on June 10th to discuss the visioning and strategic planning process. Board members were joined by Visioning and Strategic Planning Committee members Barb Baranski and David Machles.

        The visioning process began in the spring of 2010. Many Kadampa Center members have made valuable contributions. This project will help ensure that Kadampa Center is prepared for future growth, and able to take advantage of beneficial opportunities that might arise. The Visioning and Strategic Planning Committee submitted a set of recommendations to the board this past February. The board has been discussing the recommendations at subsequent meetings, and has started to implement some that are high priorities. Keep an eye open for more detailed updates about this important project.

        The visioning meeting was followed by the board's regular monthly meeting on June 17th. We were happy to welcome Kadampa Center's newest board member, Hemant Pandya, to that meeting. Hemant's term officially begins in July. The board is also electing new officers for the 2012-2013 term. We'll announce the new officers in the next monthly message.

        The board, Management Team, and other volunteers are still working hard to keep expenses down, but the latest financial reports show that donations are falling behind expenses. We're hoping to see donations improve so we can maintain the positive financial picture Kadampa Center enjoyed in the first quarter of the year.