April Collection of small items for South America

  • ebstrevel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011

      During the month of April, we will be collecting certain small items for two Buddhist communities in South America.

      This June, Geshe-la will travel to a Buddhist Center in Bogata, Columbia, where he has been invited to teach. He will then travel on to the remote Patagonia Region of Argentina to do a public talk and to consecrate a new 35 foot Stupa there.

      The people in these areas live very simply, with just bare necessities. We would like to collect many small items that Geshe-la can take along to give out along with smiles to our brothers and sisters in these distant Centers.

      Because these items would have to fit in one suitcase, they need to be very small. Items such as:

      - personal care samples (tiny toothpaste,soap, shampoo)

      - school supplies (small packs of pencils, crayons, rulers)

      - small toys, inflatable balls (soccer,volleyball, basketball)

      - gloves (it will be winter there)

      - baby items(sleepers, onesies), etc..

      Place your donations in the barrel at the Kadampa Center

      If we collect more than will fit in one suitcase, there will be another opportunity to make a delivery when a member from Argentina comes to the U.S. in July.

      If you prefer to make a monetary contribution, please make a check payable to Geshe Gelek Sherpa. It is not tax deductible, but does pay a merit dividend  :)