prayer request

  • donna seese
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 31, 2002
      Dear Kadampa Friends,
      A former colleague of mine, Gene Wang, died yesterday of lung cancer. When
      I first met Gene, he seemed like the archetypal crusty newsman, but not far
      beneath the surface he was warm, sweet, interested in others and very funny.
      I would be most grateful if you could say a few prayers for him.
      Thank you!
      Donna Seese
    • Bill & Anne Cabrera
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 21, 2002
        Dear Friends,

        A somewhat-elderly friend of mine just died. Her name was Carolyn Costello.
        She's had health problems for years, but never once in all the years I've
        known her have I ever seen her have concern for herself. She always was
        interested in everyone else, was incredibly humble at the same time, and was
        quick to offer her beautiful smile to all she came in contact with. She and
        her husband Jack were also exceptionally kind to me when my Mother passed
        away last year. So, if you could include her in your daily prayers it would
        be most appreciated. Please pray for her in the bardo, for her swift and
        auspicious rebirth, and for her husband and family at this emotional time.
        Many thanks for doing this,

        Anne
      • donna seese
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 17, 2002
          Dear Kadampa Friends,
          A friend of mine had a mastectomy today. She had breast cancer 8 years
          ago, and it recently returned. This surgery is coming very soon after the
          cancer recurrence was discovered, so it appears to be pretty aggressive.
          Mia is feeling very peaceful about this: she chose to celebrate rather
          than mourn when she got her biopsy results.
          With her permission, I'm asking for prayers for her during this difficult
          time. Her name is Mia Bray.
          Thank you.
          Donna
        • Leslie K Inman
          Message 4 of 23 , May 10, 2002
            Hi Friends,

            My stepsister sent me this e-mail last night. I am going to Atlanta today
            for Emily's graduation. Please pray for Scott and Arnie, their families,
            friends, and all their classmates.

            Please keep Alex Orbon in your prayers as he undergoes surgery for brain
            tumor.
            Thanks,

            Leslie

            My daughter, Emily, age 18, is due to graduate tomorrow (Saturday) from
            high
            school. She has a very close-knit group of friends, one of whom is a
            stellar young man named Scott Plageman. Last night, en route to a
            birthday/graduation party for one of our friends at Lake Burton, Scott
            and
            his best friend Arnie ran off the road and crashed through a ditch and
            into
            somebody's porch. Arnie was killed instantly, we understand, and Scott
            is
            in extremely critical condition. I am so sorry to say that I don't even
            yet
            know Arnie's last name; from what I understand he was truly beloved by
            all
            and, according to Emily, one of the nicest boys you could ever meet.
            Scott
            has been medically induced into a coma because of his injuries, which
            include, as far as I know, destruction of all of the bones in his face, a
            leg that was able to be reattached today but that he may still lose, a
            crushed frontal lobe in his brain, and I don't know many more details.
            He
            is one of my personal favorites, one of those kids that made a perfect
            score
            on his math SAT but still had the joie de vivre to jump off of my 12-foot
            deck 8 feet out into my pool at Emily's Sweet Sixteen party (it was
            against
            all my rules, but I still had to admire such a feat).

            My point is, if there is anybody out there who feels that praying or
            starting a prayer chain or sending out positive vibes Scott's way will
            help,
            then please do. This is one of the most tragic events imaginable, and I
            know that there are so many folks out there that love Scott. I want him
            live, and I want him and his family to have peace in their lives no
            matter
            what.

            Whatever you can do.

            Stephanie

            GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
          • em
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 15, 2002
              My father, Henry Paynter, has died. Please remember him in your
              prayers. Thank you, Emily
            • em
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 4, 2002
                Donna Seese would like us to please offer prayers for John Howie, who
                died Monday of an aneurism, and
                for his wife, Sistie, and family. His death was sudden. She indicated
                that his wife might especially appreciate devotions to Tara on John's
                behalf.
              • em
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 9, 2002
                  Ven. Choenyi asks for prayers -- for my cousin Barbara Nell who died
                  last night. Her sister, Jane Potter,
                  died last week so this is really tragic. Please also keep in mind their
                  mother, Meta Adams who is sick in a
                  nursing home.
                • em
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 28, 2002
                    From Donna Seese:

                    A first-grade teacher at my daughter's school died quite suddenly a
                    couple
                    of days ago. She was in her early 20s; at the moment, no one in the
                    school
                    community knows the cause of her death.
                    I'd like to ask for prayers for her -- her name is Heather
                    Domenie -- and
                    for her fiance, her family, the children whom she taught last year and
                    those who expected to be in her classroom this year, and the staff of
                    the
                    school. Heather had been at the school for only one year, and she was a
                    wonderful, energetic, involved teacher who brought a lot to our little
                    community.
                    Thank you for your prayers.
                    Donna Seese
                  • Leslie [Tendron]
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 8, 2002
                      Please keep Mary Iler and her family in your prayers.
                      Mary continues to battle liver and colon cancer with
                      chemotherapy. She has been blind since birth and her
                      mother, who is 85, still cooks and cares for her.
                      Mary's twin brother John has Parkinson's disease and
                      struggles with the knowledge that, if Mary survives
                      cancer, he will not likely be able to care for her
                      when his mother's dies.

                      John is a Dharma friend whose diligent practice (in
                      the Zen tradition) and steadfast encouragement helped
                      me find the courage to take vows.

                      Big love and gratitude,

                      Tendron

                      =====
                      "This mind that is full of faults has one great quality,
                      That it does whatever it is taught." Geshe Che-ka-wa

                      http://finance.yahoo.com
                    • em
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 30, 2002
                        Please keep Julie Cusatis and family in your prayers. Her twin brother
                        is had a lung infection, hospitalized and now is on life support.
                      • em
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 6, 2002
                          Teri Beckman wishes us to do prayers for her Aunt Hazel Lummis who is 90
                          years old and has had a
                          second stroke recently, and is not doing so well in a nursing home in
                          IL. Her newphew-in-law , Richard Smith, Teri's uncle, is charged with
                          carrying for her as he is not far from the nursing home. But he has
                          just received news that the cancer he has been fighting for over a year
                          has reappeared in other parts of his body,perhaps many other parts.
                          Teri's uncle is undergoing radiation and it is taking alot out of him.
                          Her aunt is now alone much of the time in the nursing home and this is
                          very hard on her.

                          Please thanks for any prayers.
                          Much love,
                          Teri

                        • em
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 17, 2003
                            Russell Lee, a friend of Michelle Alston, is in Rex Hospital suffering
                            from an accident. Please send your prayers.
                          • em
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 19, 2003
                              Elaine Johnson asks for prayers for, Lois McCorkle who is the mother of
                              a friend of hers. Lois has begun the dying process.
                            • robbi funck
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 31, 2003
                                Please pray for my friend and former husband Maurice who is very
                                ill. Maurice is a diabetic
                                who has developed serious complications. His bladder is shot;
                                kidneys, and prostate are
                                extended, etc. and it is now necessary for him to work from home so
                                he can perform
                                proceedures every four hours. Please pray that he does not give
                                up. Thank you.
                                Love
                                Carrie