QRP IN THE PARK - Kollen Park today! Saturday July 13th 3:00PM TO DUSK

  • kb8qap
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2013
      Hi All,

      The weather appears to be in our favor! Last minute preparations are underway and things are looking great for today's event! I should be getting down to the Kollen Park location by 3:00 pm for camp set up.

      Some of our HARC club members will be on the water as well they will be on the lake doing Coast Guard detail. So if you see Hank K8HLD on the boat please wave out to him!

      Dinner is planned for 6:00 PM and a dish to pass or a beverages to drink are always welcome for these events.

      Drive safe & we hope to see you at Kollen Park!

      73 Jeff - kb8qap

      Note: This QRP event is an outdoor activity and will cancel if severe weather is expected for the area. Please monitor the 147.060 K8DAA repeater for any event changes or cancellations.
    • Steven Kaney
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2013
        Before you disgrace us too bad when you report our meager results, you might mention band conditions. 17m was marginal w/ deep fades, 20m had the IARU contestiers to contend with, and 40m was coming in well by 6pm local. I was tempted to go to 40 but would have to take down antenna to retune and my buddy wanted to find some geocaches

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2014
          Are y'all still doing QRP in the park? My QRP activities are frustrated this year as it seems just about any time I have available to play it's either raining or looks like rain is imminent. Looks like the same thing this weekend.

          Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad