Re: Field Day Questions

  • kb8qap
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
      Hey Bryan,

      We had both of Ron's kids (KD8RVK)working the microphone at the 40 meter phone station during Field Day. Ron can verify this with you if needed. Thanks for the heads up on the bonus points!

      73 Jeff KB8QAP

      --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Leenheer <bryan.leenheer@...> wrote:

      > I am getting the bonus points for submittal to the ARRL, and I have a few
      > questions.
      >
      > Did anyone's kids grab a mic and make a contact? We get bonus points for
      > that.
      >
      > Also, did anyone send a message to the Section Manager, send any traffic,
      > or copy the W1AW message? All of these are worth extra points.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX

    • Bryan Leenheer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
        Jeff, do you know how many (if any) QSOs that they made?

        Thanks!

        Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX

        On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM, kb8qap <kb8qap@...> wrote:

        Hey Bryan,

        We had both of Ron's kids (KD8RVK)working the microphone at the 40 meter phone station during Field Day. Ron can verify this with you if needed. Thanks for the heads up on the bonus points!

        73 Jeff KB8QAP

        --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Leenheer <bryan.leenheer@...> wrote:

        > I am getting the bonus points for submittal to the ARRL, and I have a few
        > questions.
        >
        > Did anyone's kids grab a mic and make a contact? We get bonus points for
        > that.
        >
        > Also, did anyone send a message to the Section Manager, send any traffic,
        > or copy the W1AW message? All of these are worth extra points.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX

      • kb8qap
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
          Hi Bryan,

          I don't believe that the kids were successful at making any HF Q's
          at the 40 meter phone station. It was not for lack of trying though!

          73 & Happy 4th of July!

          Jeff KB8QAP

          --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Leenheer <bryan.leenheer@...> wrote:

          > Jeff, do you know how many (if any) QSOs that they made?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX
          >

          > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM, kb8qap <kb8qap@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hey Bryan,
          > >
          > > We had both of Ron's kids (KD8RVK)working the microphone at the 40 meter
          > > phone station during Field Day. Ron can verify this with you if needed.
          > > Thanks for the heads up on the bonus points!
          > >
          > > 73 Jeff KB8QAP
          > >

          > > --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Leenheer <bryan.leenheer@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I am getting the bonus points for submittal to the ARRL, and I have a few
          > > > questions.
          > > >
          > > > Did anyone's kids grab a mic and make a contact? We get bonus points for
          > > > that.
          > > >
          > > > Also, did anyone send a message to the Section Manager, send any traffic,
          > > > or copy the W1AW message? All of these are worth extra points.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks!
          > > >
          > > > Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX

        • Phil Van Huis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2013
            Hey Bryan and Jeff,

            I don't believe that the kids had to have made a contact at FD.  Just getting them on the air to try it is all you need, I think.
            Check the rules in the FD packet.

            Phil, K8PVH

            I don't believe that the kids were successful at making any HF Q's
            at the 40 meter phone station. It was not for lack of trying though!

            73 & Happy 4th of July!

            Jeff KB8QAP

            --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Leenheer <bryan.leenheer@...> wrote:

            > Jeff, do you know how many (if
            any) QSOs that they made?

            > Thanks!
            >
            > Bryan
            Leenheer, KD8LDX

            kb8qap <kb8qap@...> wrote:

            > > **
            > >

            > > Hey Bryan,
            > >
            > > We had both of Ron's kids
            (KD8RVK)working the microphone at the 40 meter
            > > phone station during
            Field Day. Ron can verify this with you if needed.
            > > Thanks for the
            heads up on the bonus points!