RE: [HARC] net control needs plus topics needed

  • Ed Heyboer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
      Good, Tom.
      Got ya down for July 22

      Thanks for the topic sources also.

      Ed
      KF8EV

      -----Original Message-----
      From: k8daa@yahoogroups.com [mailto:k8daa@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      tomKD8DEG
      Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:14 PM
      To: k8daa@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [HARC] net control needs plus topics needed

      Hey Ed!!!!

      Put me down for July 22 net control.

      I get most of my topics, and questions from; QST, ARRL web site, RadCom the
      British counter part to QST, QRZ, Eham. Tech, General, and Extra class study
      books. Then things like, the use of past and current amateur radio
      technology, modes of operation, antennas, feed lines, or just typing in your
      favorite search engine, "Ham Radio Net Topics" will get you numerous ideas.
      A great way to get trivia questions is again use your favorite search
      engine, example; who invented the microphone.

      Keep a list of the most common ones that you can refer to again at certain
      times of the year like grounding, during the storm season. Is your insurance
      covering all of your equipment properly.

      My favorite odd ones to through out are, what is a "Wouff Hong or
      Rettysnitch", what and how is a "gimmick" used in a circuit.

      Hope this helps current and future net control operators.

      73

      KD8DEG Tom

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
        > My favorite odd ones to through out are, what is a “Wouff Hong or Rettysnitch”

        Tom, you know better to discuss this publicly! You may expect a visit shortly.

        Jim
        K8DDV