RE: [HARC] net control needs plus topics needed

  • tomKD8DEG
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013

      Hey Ed!!!!

      Put me down for July 22 net control.

      I get most of my topics, and questions from; QST, ARRL web site, RadCom the British counter part to QST, QRZ, Eham. Tech, General, and Extra class study books.  Then things like, the use of past and current amateur radio technology, modes of operation, antennas, feed lines, or just typing in your favorite search engine, “Ham Radio Net Topics” will get you numerous ideas. A great way to get trivia questions is again use your favorite search engine, example; who invented the microphone.

      Keep a list of the most common ones that you can refer to again at certain times of the year like grounding, during the storm season. Is your insurance covering all of your equipment properly.

      My favorite odd ones to through out are, what is a “Wouff Hong or Rettysnitch”, what and how is a  “gimmick” used in a circuit.

      Hope this helps current and future net control operators.

      73

      KD8DEG  Tom

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
        Good, Tom.
        Got ya down for July 22

        Thanks for the topic sources also.

        Ed
        KF8EV

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
          > My favorite odd ones to through out are, what is a “Wouff Hong or Rettysnitch”

          Tom, you know better to discuss this publicly! You may expect a visit shortly.

          Jim
          K8DDV