Re: [HARC] Field Day 2013!

  • Bryan Leenheer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
      Hi Art,

      I already purchased the license for the club as a donation to the club, but thanks for the offer!

      Bryan

      On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Art Van Wyhe <artvw@...> wrote:

      Bryan, keep in mind that I already have the needed password for the N3FJP software if you need it,    K0TWB

      From Art VW

      On Jun 17, 2013, at 4:50 PM, Bryan Leenheer <bryan.leenheer@...> wrote:

      To all HARC members;

      Field Day is a few weeks away!  We're planning on having an early bird setup on Friday at 5:00 PM, and another early setup at 8:00 AM on Saturday for those who can't make it on Friday.  Please note the times and the band captains below.

      As of right now, we're still planning on using the N3FJP Field Day logging software, available for download here: http://www.n3fjp.com/fieldday.html

      I am planning on getting together for an Education and Training session this Friday prior to the event to get us all up and running with the software and linked up via the MeshNet.
      I'll be getting the license for this software and will provide it to the band captains at the meeting. The fall-back is in the morning Saturday.

      If you think you may need anything, Please let me know as soon as possible!

      I'm still hoping to accomplish our goal of a K8DAA, 6A, MI exchange again this year, but we're an operator/band captain short.  If there is anyone out there who would like to play radio on the SSB portion of 40 meters, or play digital on any band available for use, please let me know.

      The location has plenty of room for us to spread out over, so if we can exceed the current bands it would be awesome!  Another Digital station on the bands could really rack up the points!

      I also don't have a volunteer to man our "free" VHF station.  This isn't necessarily an all-night and day position, and could be done quite effectively by a Technician class operator on FM in the simplex portions of the bands. If you're interested in trying that for a few hours or for the entire exercise, please let me know.

      Kim Lobert, N8KAL has volunteered to man the grill again this year for the dinner, so you know we're going to be well-fed!

      If lack of a HF radio is holding you back, the Holland Amateur Radio Club has a few radios that we might be able to liberate for use in the field if we can get operators to run them!

      If you've never played radio in a Field Day before, stop out and pickup a microphone or tap on a key for a while!

      73,

      Bryan - KD8LDX

      Field Day 2013

      WHERE

      Park Township Park; next to the Ottawa County Fairgrounds (152nd and Ottawa Beach Road)

      Come when you can.

      Field day is the most popular operating activity sponsored by the ARRL. If you have been to Field Day before, you know this already. If not; come out and find out why so many amateurs enjoy Field Day!

      SETUP TIMES

      5:00 PM Friday, June 21

      8:00 AM Saturday, June 22

      OPERATING TIMES

      2:00 PM Saturday, June 22 to

      2:00 PM Sunday, June 23

      TAKEDOWN TIME

      2:00 PM Sunday, June 23

      Field Day 2012 Band Captains:

      75M SSB:  Art Van Whye, K0TWB

      40M SSB:

      20M SSB: Ed Heyboer, KF8EV

      40M CW:  Bill Miller, K9HXO

      20M CW: Ernie Lloyd, W8EL

      Floating Digital:  Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX

      VHF: