Field Day Software

  • Bryan Leenheer
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
      After 2 years of trouble with the Field Day logging software I want to start investigating a replacement for this year.

      I talked with the Muskegon guys, and they use a logging program by N3FJP, available at: http://www.n3fjp.com/fieldday.html

      Could I get people to test this software - especially KF8EV for compatibility with JAWS - and get back in touch with me?

      I would greatly appreciate the assistance!

      Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX
    • Bill Miller
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
        I'll have a look Bryan.

        73,
        Bill K9HXO (one of the 40M cw guys from 2012)
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
          What is JAWS?

          I have been the network manager for the Muskegon field-days for the last 4 or 5 years. And I absolutely stand by the N3FJP software. I have found it to be the easiest and most reliable option out there. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

          If you want to see it in action and ask questions I also extend an invitation to our network pre-setup / test that we do every year. We get out all of our laptops, make sure the software is up to date & functioning, setup the wireless network router(s), And make sure it all talks and works correctly...before it's needed. I am not sure of the exact date, but I'm CCing Jim Meyers, KC8PCJ on this email. Hopefully he can pinpoint the date and location.

          --
          Jason
          _._   ..   ...._   ..._   .._   _ _ _

          Sent from my iPod

          On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Bryan Leenheer <bryan.leenheer@...> wrote:

          After 2 years of trouble with the Field Day logging software I want to start investigating a replacement for this year.

          I talked with the Muskegon guys, and they use a logging program by N3FJP, available at: http://www.n3fjp.com/fieldday.html

          Could I get people to test this software - especially KF8EV for compatibility with JAWS - and get back in touch with me?

          I would greatly appreciate the assistance!

          Bryan Leenheer, KD8LDX

        • Ed Heyboer
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
            --will do it.

            Thanks for starting the search early.

            Ed, KF8EV

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2013
              Jason,

              JAWS is apowerful speech program which takes the Information seen on the
              screen and speaks it to the blind user.

              I will download and install the FBLOG to evaluate it's effectiveness.

              Ed, KF8EV

              I have been the network manager for the Muskegon field-days for the last 4
              or 5 years. And I absolutely stand by the N3FJP software. I have found it to
              be the easiest and most reliable option out there. If you have any questions
              please feel free to ask.

              If you want to see it in action and ask questions I also extend an
              invitation to our network pre-setup / test that we do every year. We get out
              all of our laptops, make sure the software is up to date & functioning,
              setup the wireless network router(s), And make sure it all talks and works
              correctly...before it's needed. I am not sure of the exact date, but I'm
              CCing Jim Meyers, KC8PCJ on this email. Hopefully he can pinpoint the date
              and location.

              --
              Jason
              _._ .. ...._ ..._ .._ _ _ _

              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2013
                Brian,
                Jim case CHKE help me install and set up that Ken three of JP software. Dawes did not work well with the program.
                Squirrel talk to me squirrel made it easier to talk to me withdraws identifying the fields call as callsign
                I'll try the other software which was put up in the reflector by Jim and Dave W AAA RSA let you know

                Sent from my iPhone
              • Ed Heyboer
                Message 7 of 7 , May 15, 2013
                  Well, excuse the way the voice dictation wrote my message. If anyone needs
                  a translation, call KC8KE. He can understand JAWS at a high rate of speech.
                  HI HI.

                  ED, KF8EV