3970 mhz

  • Al/Esther Walters
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2003
      Please listen around 3970 mhz. I have a lot of interference from the radio station on 1260 mhz. It is not an exact harmonic so I want to know if it is just me or if others are affected too.

      Thanks,

      73 Al

    • James H. Jipping
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2003
        Al:

        Do you mean 3970 khz (3.97 mhz) ????????

        Jip, W8MRR

        At 03:58 PM 1/9/03 -0500, you wrote:
        >Please listen around 3970 mhz. I have a lot of interference from the radio
        >station on 1260 mhz. It is not an exact harmonic so I want to know if it
        >is just me or if others are affected too.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >73 Al

      • James H. Jipping
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2003
          Good Morning, Al:

          I listened around 3970 Khz and heard NO AM transmissions at 8:45 am on
          1/10/03. If the signal were directly from the station at 1260 khz I would
          assume that it would be stronger here --- I'm closer.

          So, I would suspect some kind of "mixing" going on in your receiver. What
          is the IF in your receiver ?? Look for (calculate) the mixing products
          for harmonics of the local oscillator in your receiver against 1260 Khz.

          I did not check for exact harmonics of 1260 Khz. But I do remember several
          years ago when the station was still WJBL that they had a harmonic
          radiation problem, we regularly heard the harmonics at school (HCHS)

          Jim Jipping, W8MRR