Re: [HARC] FAVOR

  • Rev. Tim TenClay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2003
      >meeting as we progress from a planning group to an action committee.
      >By the way I talked to Chris and it looks like we can have a www.HARC.org
      >(or something like it)
      >for about $ 175.oo a year. That's $ 25 down and $ 12.50 a month Are we so
      >broke that we can't put that in the budget and forget being kicked

      I'm not an expert, but, you can actually register a domain name for $25 for
      2 years. Some places will then forward your site to any address you want,
      it'd be a lot cheaper.

      I have a basic e-mail and internet account for our church and house our
      church's website there, and registered our domain name. The company I
      registered with is set to automatically forward the domain name to the
      longer, harder to remember address. It's not as fancy as some of the other
      options, but, it's a lot less expensive. I've also had to move the site and
      changing the forwarding was a whole lot easier than moving an officially
      parked site.

      I've done the same thing with my small business site.

      Topic 2: I'd like to upgrade my license, I'm a Tech Plus now (is that what
      it's called? I was a Novice and then took the Tech test). Are there going
      to be any classes that might help, or someone who might be willing to help
      me. I'm not great with the technical side (always did better with the
      code), but would like to learn.
      Anyhow, back to lurking.

      Grace and Peace,
      `tim