Re: [HARC] FAVOR

  • James H. Jipping
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2003
      Chuck:

      Is it OFFICIAL ???? Has the ARRL board officially approved our proposal
      ?? If not, whether it is to be or not, we look like chumps advertising
      something before it is a done deal. And the ARRL people are not going to
      think much of an organization that cannot operate between the lines.

      If it is official, I have seen no announcement of it. Please let me know
      where it would have been announced.

      JIPPER

      At 01:16 AM 1/9/03 -0800, you wrote:
      >I would like to ask a favor of everyone in this group.
      >You will notice the signature on my email which promotes the Convention
      >and Hamfest.
      >I would appreciate it if each of you would add this signature to your
      >email, as well.
      >This will multiply many times the advertising efforts we are doing. I
      >highlight mine in red and in bold type for those who can handle it.. Every
      >little bit helps to make this a successful event.
      >Thanks.
      >73
      >Chuck, W8GCW
      >"THERE'S HAM RADIO EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR AND ON THE AIR"
      >MICHIGAN STATE ARRL CONVENTION AND SUPER SWAP
      >HOLLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
      >HOLLAND, MICHIGAN
      >OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 1, 2003

    • James H. Jipping
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2003
        At 03:17 PM 1/9/03 -0800, you wrote:
        >Yes, it is official.. It has been official for some time. We don't have the
        >final info on who's going to be featured, etc, but the Hamfest is sanctioned
        >and the convention is official. I am working on setting a date for the next
        >meeting as we progress from a planning group to an action committee.
        >By the way I talked to Chris and it looks like we can have a www.HARC.org
        >(or something like it)
        >for about $ 175.oo a year. That's $ 25 down and $ 12.50 a month Are we so
        >broke that we can't put that in the budget and forget being kicked
        >around...??
        >Why don't you get with Steve Whitcomb and Pete 9 and work this out as a club
        >site, and do it right..??

        I think is is about time that the club do something OFFICIAL about a
        site. This screwing around with other options is for the birds. I am
        going to call Steve and see what we can do and come up with a proposal at
        the next club meeting.

        It is also time that HARC act as a club and not as a bunch of independently
        motivated individuals. We desperately need some cohesion. The
        "swap-n-shop and ARRL State Convention" can provide what we need. BUT we
        have to do it right.

      • engineer@macatawa.org
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2003
          Chuck, Jim, et al.

          I am working on setting up a site for simply the cost of domain registration,
          with some good features. As much as I'd like to do it locally with MacNet we
          can do it another way at a fraction of the cost.

          My plan for this is to have the new site open up to a splash about the
          convention and hamfest with a link to the club homepage somewhere on that
          page. Once the event is over the club homepage can move back to front and
          center as the index from the base URL.

          Get me graphics ASAP. Look for an update on the site and domain within about 5
          days.

          Steve Whitcomb, kc8drm

          Quoting CHUCK RICH <riches@...>:

          > Yes, it is official.. It has been official for some time. We don't have
          > the
          > final info on who's going to be featured, etc, but the Hamfest is
          > sanctioned
          > and the convention is official. I am working on setting a date for the next
          > meeting as we progress from a planning group to an action committee.
          > By the way I talked to Chris and it looks like we can have a www.HARC.org
          > (or something like it)
          > for about $ 175.oo a year. That's $ 25 down and $ 12.50 a month Are we so
          > broke that we can't put that in the budget and forget being kicked
          > around...??
          > Why don't you get with Steve Whitcomb and Pete 9 and work this out as a
          > club
          > site, and do it right..??
          > I can get you the Hamfest / Convention graphics whenever the site is ready
          > for them.
          > Later,
          > 73
          > Chuck
          > "THERE'S HAM RADIO EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR AND ON THE AIR"
          > MICHIGAN STATE ARRL CONVENTION AND SUPER SWAP
          > HOLLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
          > HOLLAND, MICHIGAN
          > OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 1, 2003

          This mail sent through MacNet: http://www.macatawa.org/