Re: [HARC] Presidential award

  • Ivan De Witt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
      I inquired about this letter some time back but the only response was ' It might be in the files somewhere '.  Were the files at John W8IQF at that time?  I remember seeing the action happening next to Skiles.  Wow!!  Don't mess with the secret service!!!

      Arlan K8EFK, division one radio, also had a quick experience.  Susan Ford was the parade Grand marshal that Saturday.  An ambulance was parked on Eighth at River but facing into the parade direction, turned on their red lights wanting to turn around.  Arlan saw what was happening and reaching for his ht to call net control, and the next thing he knew two security men had him restrained!  Then they saw his parade marshal badge, released him, apologized and blended back into the crowd in an instant.

      There are other club members that may have had highlites in ham radio activity also.  Let's hear from you.

      Ike  K8EMU