Holland ARC Ham In A Day...

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2012
      And what a day it was...

      We had 15 people take the class, and 12 passed.

      We had 3 walk-ins for the tech, and 2 passed.

      We had one walk-in for the general, and he passed.

      The hobby has 14 new techs, and one new general.

      Oh, and congrats to all the new hams, but, and this is way cool, special
      congrats go out to Simon Furton, son of Doug, K8EXB.
      Simon passed his tech, and, he is 9 years old. Rather cool moment. Yes,
      that's right, 9 years old.

      And now, so many special thanks.

      To Bryan, KD8LDX and Joe, AC8JD, the "under 41" crowd who took this task
      on. It was Joe's first class and his first VE session. Ask him how he feels.

      A very special thank you to Mike Hill, W8DER who designed the Google
      document signup sheet. This was really classy.

      Thank you to Mike Mitchell and the Ottawa Red Cross for the use of the
      building. Enjoy the left over cookies.

      And a nod to Rick, N8GGO and his crew of VE's: (and it WAS hectic)
      Joe, N8FQ
      Joe, AC8JD
      Mike, W8DER
      Hank, K8HLD
      Tom, K8TB
      and Sheila, K8AJ (the best looking VE, ever)

      And last, to Phil VanHuis who broke away to stop down to drop off a
      check for the ARRL VE mailing, and pick up $ 600 worth of gross income.

      So the club has twelve new members, and we learned a lot about the ham
      in a day class, especially that there is a lot of interest in it, and
      even more importantly, there is a lot of fun work for us established
      amateurs to teach the new ones.

      Thank you to all

      Tom Bosscher K8TB Holland ARC Secretary