National Historic Bridge Weekend! Sep 22 & 23rd

  • kb8qap
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2012
      Hi Everyone!

      Please join us as we celebrate National Historic Bridge Weekend
      this Saturday & Sunday (September 22nd & 23rd) This National Event showcases some of the best Historical bridges in the Nation and the
      need to restore and preserve these structures for future generations.

      So what is National Historic Bridge Weekend? Check out link:

      http://www.bridgemapper.com/historic_bridge_weekend.html

      A few of the Holland ARC members will be participating in this great event and will be getting on the air from the Historical
      2nd Street Bridge in downtown Allegan. This magnificent iron truss constructed bridge is 229 feet in length and was made in 1886 by the King Bridge Company of Cleveland, Ohio

      Please join us as we celebrate it's 126 years of operation with our Special Event Station for National Historic Bridge Weekend!

      Where? Hanse Environmental Service
      235 Hubbard Street
      Allegan, Michigan

      When? Saturday September 22nd & Sunday September 23rd

      Set-up times for operators: Friday Sep 21st 5:30PM

      OFFICIAL OPERATING FRQS: 14.260 +- SSB PHONE
      147.240 FM ALLEGAN 2 METER REPEATER

      CW, PSK31, JT65HF also on air!

      Contact: Terrie Hazekamp, Bryan KD8LDX or Tom K8TB for more info.

      73! Jeff KB8QAP
    • kb8qap
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2012
        The NATIONAL HISTORIC BRIDGE WEEEKEND TO BE HELD IN ALLEGAN has been CANCELLED due to the lighting and storms expected for the area. We will try again for the event next year!

        73 Jeff KB8QAP
        Bryan KD8LDX