Website info

  • Steve Whitcomb
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2002
      Pete, et al.,

      We are awaiting new Internet service for the server. Had I known it
      would take this long to resolve the situation I would have established
      the site on my server again, as I did throught the spring and summer. If
      we don't have some reasonable expectation of the new service being
      established in the next few weeks I will get the website going on my
      site again and announce it here.

      As for the BBS, it'll probably have to wait for now. I believe some
      people may be offering DX Cluster connectivity via their own systems
      until we get things going. Perhaps Jim or someone else might respond on
      that.

      Steve, KC8DRM

      Peter Venlet wrote:
      > To the powers the be:
      >
      > What is the status of the DX Cluster/BBS ?
      > I have had several people as me and I do not know what to tell them
      > any-more. Also the Club webpage. Could it be put back up in tempory
      > form somewhere?? I believe that Mac-Net provides hosting and space
      > for not-for profit groups.
      >
      > Just wondering. Thanks!
      >
      > Pete, N8YEL

      /* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      Steve Whitcomb
      engineer@...
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
    • Pete Hoffswell
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2002
        Greetings -

        We are currently at the mercy of, and waiting for,
        Holland Hospital to provide some connectivity to us
        once again.

        I would suggest, however, that we move forward with
        moving the website to a temporary location once again.
        Hosting the website at MacNet is a great idea.

        We'll let you know when we hear more on our HOHO
        connetivity.

        Thanks!

        - Pete
        N9SSA
        --- Steve Whitcomb <engineer@...> wrote:
        > Pete, et al.,
        >
        > We are awaiting new Internet service for the server.
        > Had I known it
        > would take this long to resolve the situation I
        > would have established
        > the site on my server again, as I did throught the
        > spring and summer. If
        > we don't have some reasonable expectation of the new
        > service being
        > established in the next few weeks I will get the
        > website going on my
        > site again and announce it here.
        >
        > As for the BBS, it'll probably have to wait for now.
        > I believe some
        > people may be offering DX Cluster connectivity via
        > their own systems
        > until we get things going. Perhaps Jim or someone
        > else might respond on
        > that.
        >
        > Steve, KC8DRM
        >
        > Peter Venlet wrote:
        > > To the powers the be:
        > >
        > > What is the status of the DX Cluster/BBS ?
        > > I have had several people as me and I do not know
        > what to tell them
        > > any-more. Also the Club webpage. Could it be put
        > back up in tempory
        > > form somewhere?? I believe that Mac-Net provides
        > hosting and space
        > > for not-for profit groups.
        > >
        > > Just wondering. Thanks!
        > >
        > > Pete, N8YEL

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        > >

        > --
        >
        > /* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        > Steve Whitcomb
        > engineer@...

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        =====
        - Pete Hoffswell
        pete@...
        http://www.hoffswell.com
      • CHUCK RICH
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2002
          At the last meeting, Jim Jipping mentioned that he was interested in
          investigating getting a site on Mac-Net. You may want to see what progress
          he has made in this direction.

          Chuck, W8GCW
          Happy Holidays to all..!!
          MICHIGAN STATE ARRL CONVENTION AND SUPER SWAP
          HOLLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
          HOLLAND, MICHIGAN
          OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 1, 2003
          > We are currently at the mercy of, and waiting for,
          > Holland Hospital to provide some connectivity to us
          > once again.
          >
          > I would suggest, however, that we move forward with
          > moving the website to a temporary location once again.
          > Hosting the website at MacNet is a great idea.
          >
          > We'll let you know when we hear more on our HOHO
          > connetivity.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > - Pete
          > N9SSA
          > --- Steve Whitcomb <engineer@...> wrote:
          > > Pete, et al.,
          > >
          > > We are awaiting new Internet service for the server.
          > > Had I known it
          > > would take this long to resolve the situation I
          > > would have established
          > > the site on my server again, as I did throught the
          > > spring and summer. If
          > > we don't have some reasonable expectation of the new
          > > service being
          > > established in the next few weeks I will get the
          > > website going on my
          > > site again and announce it here.
          > >
          > > As for the BBS, it'll probably have to wait for now.
          > > I believe some
          > > people may be offering DX Cluster connectivity via
          > > their own systems
          > > until we get things going. Perhaps Jim or someone
          > > else might respond on
          > > that.
          > >
          > > Steve, KC8DRM
          > >
          > > Peter Venlet wrote:
          > > > To the powers the be:
          > > >
          > > > What is the status of the DX Cluster/BBS ?
          > > > I have had several people as me and I do not know
          > > what to tell them
          > > > any-more. Also the Club webpage. Could it be put
          > > back up in tempory
          > > > form somewhere?? I believe that Mac-Net provides
          > > hosting and space
          > > > for not-for profit groups.
          > > >
          > > > Just wondering. Thanks!
          > > >
          > > > Pete, N8YEL

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > > >

          > > --
          > >
          > > /* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
          > > Steve Whitcomb
          > > engineer@...

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > >

          > =====
          > - Pete Hoffswell
          > pete@...
          > http://www.hoffswell.com

        • James H. Jipping
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
            Chuck:

            Good Morning and Happy New Year.

            Please do not confuse a web site dedicated to the State ARRL Convention
            with the club's web site. It is possible that we could use the club's site
            but that was not what I had in mind. I would rather have a dedicated site,
            even if I have to spring for a year's registration and use.

            I'm still waiting for committee information, member names and any other
            info you have on them relative to the swap and convention. In order to get
            this thing off the ground we also have to meet as a committee. Got any
            idea when that is going to happen ?? And, don't you head for Florida for
            a little while ??

            My new assignment at Grand Valley has me teaching till 6:00 PM on Tuesdays
            (after which I have some other duties) so there may be time when it will be
            a squeeker to get to a club meeting.

            Right now I am completely in the dark as to what has happened, what
            progress has been made, what decisions have been made, etc. Does the
            committee have minutes you could send me ??

            You are tough guy to get a hold of. I called, either got no answer or a
            machine. I wanted to talk directly, so I stopped by a couple of times when
            passing close by, but ----- no Chuck.

            JIP, W8MRR

          • James H. Jipping
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
              My SINCERE apologies for sending a specific e-mail (intended for one
              person) to the entire group when I communicated with Chuck Rich, W8GCW
              about the swap-n-shop. I did not realize that my e-mail software had
              included the HARC group in the response.

              Thank You

              JIm Jipping, W8MRR